The passage of Extraordinary Resolution #1 at the Special Meeting last fall on October 18, 2017, opened up all positions on the Grant MacEwan University Faculty Association (GMUFA) Board to MacEwan University Sessional Faculty (MUSF). Thus, in the current round of GMUFA elections, MUSF truly has the opportunity to establish more equitable representation on the GMUFA Board.
The MacEwan University Sessionals’ Steering Committee (MUSSC) has sought out and met with prospective candidates for the various positions opening up. MUSSC strongly urges MUSF to vote for the Sessional Faculty candidates listed below:
- Stefan Cartledge – Vice President
- Maria Cristina Infante – Secretary Treasurer
- Jeff Ryan – School of Business
- Jacqueline Devlin – Sessional Representative
- Timothy Anderson – Sessional Representative
You may read their short bios here: http://macewanfa.ca/nominations
A couple bios have yet to be posted, so please check back tomorrow (March 15). They should be posted early in the day.
While there are other Sessional Faculty candidates running, MUSSC endorses the candidates provided above for the following reasons:
- They have pledged to represent the interests of all MacEwan University Faculty.
- They support year-round GMUFA membership for MacEwan University Sessional Faculty.
- They are committed to establishing much greater transparency and open communication between GMUFA Board members
and the faculty they represent.
- They will work to ensure the utmost integrity in the decisions and actions of the GMUFA Board.
- They will work to ensure that GMUFA Board meetings take place at times all Board members can attend.
- They will advocate for Sessional Faculty representation on the next Faculty Association Negotiation Committee (FANC).
Please feel free to contact MUSSC via the MUSF email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Voting opens at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, March 15, and closes at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 22.
PLEASE VOTE!Bulletin 5 (GMUFA Elections)