As we return for another academic year, we have new opportunities for sessional involvement. The Faculty Association seeks more sessional representation on the board, the provincial government has come out with a discussion guide for the new Faculty and Graduate Students Labour Relations Model Review
, and the Arts and Science Faculty Council has announced openings for sessional instructors.
- With Michael Brisbois, we already have one effective sessional representative on the Faculty Association board. We hope to see another sessional elected to the board after the next round of nominations, which run until Tuesday, September 20, 2016. The Faculty sent around a notice to members, and I will be glad to send information about this process to anyone who missed that missive.
- A discussion guide for the provincial Faculty and Graduate Students Labour Relations Model Review was also sent to members of the Faculty Association. This document contains a great deal of useful information for sessionals and all faculty members. The Faculty Association has scheduled times for member feedback, which are listed below.
- Dean Craig Monk has announced a Sessional Caucus Meeting for those of us in the Faculty of Arts and Science to be held at1:00-2:30 P.M. on September 15 in room 7-277. Among other topics, we hope to learn more about the newly opened positions for sessional instructors who wish to serve on the Arts and Science Faculty Council. Again, a strong turnout – and expression of interest by those who wish to serve – will bring attention to our concerns.
Informal Drop in Meetings
- September 13th at 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm – Room 7-201
- September 21st 10:00 am to 12:00 pm – Room 9-323 Kule Theatre
- October 5th 9:00 am-3:00 pm – Faculty Association Office Room 7-102
As the association prepares for bargaining the next collective agreement, a strong turnout by sessionals will help focus the talks on issues important to us.
For the past several months, several of you have written with useful information and comments about issues concerning sessionals. As a sessional and a member of the Faculty Association Negotiating Committee (FANC
), I gladly receive these messages, and look forward to having more sent to me at email@example.com
Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing you –